Computer Science is one of the revolutionary disciplines in the field of Today’s engineering involving the analysis, design, implementation, support and operations of computer software and hardware systems. IEC's Computer Science program provides an innovative blend of software and hardware learning experiences. We offer hands-on experience with the latest equipment’s in our laboratories; with finest experts as faculty members. IEC's Computer Science Program fits the interests and ambitions of every student, with sound employment opportunities providing the best in IT sector.
The Discipline of Computer Science offers four years undergraduate B.Tech. course.
This course is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, New Delhi (India) and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (www.aktu.ac.in). To build a strong theoretical and practical foundation of Computer Science, students are provided deep knowledge in a multitude of specialties mainly in Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Computing, Data Warehousing & Data Mining, Computer Graphics, Compiler design, Computer Architecture, Distributed System and everything that makes them “Future-Ready”.
To strengthen their logical ability the Data Structures, Design & Analysis of Algorithm are also taught in details. Apart from theoretical concepts student are also given extensive practical exposure in all the subjects.
The mission and vision of CS & IT department are as follows:
· To continuously improve academic qualities of the students.
· Improve Industry Interaction to facilitate students.
· To organize faculty and student development programs.
· To include value added programs in cutting edge Technologies.
· To produce globally competent better technical human resource for the country.
The department is headed by Prof. Sansar Singh Chauhan, who has vast experience of 14 years in academics and research. The Computer Science & Information Technology Department is a self-driven proactive center, which caters to the ever-growing technology in the sphere of academic, research and training needs of various concepts, tools, and techniques in the fields of Information Technology. The faculty of this department consists of domain experts with phenomenal teaching and training skills. They are also involved in the research in the area such as Cloud Computing and Ad-hoc Networks.
To provide acquaint knowledge of computing principles in scientific and engineering domains
To develop student’s ability to analyze, design and solve issues in the areas of computing
To train students in cutting-edge technologies
To enable the identification of new computing trends and understanding of emerging technologies
The department looks forward to working in collaborations with
STARTUP INDIA., AICTE, DST (http://www.dst.gov.in/), MSME, DIT, NRDC, TDB, EPICS Cell with support from IEEE. The over all objective would be to helps the student to get real learning by doing community projects and doing a partnership with NGO’s and Industry.
Following steps have already been taken to attain our stated mission.
1. Application for Atal Incubation Centres (applied in 2016)
i. AIM will provide a grant-in-aid of Rs. 10 Crore to each AIC for a maximum of 5 years to cover the capital and operational expenditure cost in running the center.
ii. The applicant would have to provide a built-up space of at least 10,000 so. ft to qualify for the financial support.
2. Apple iOS Development Centre (Established and training schedule is in the process of finalization and discussion with students is to be done).
3. IBM Centre of Excellence (Established).
4. NEN(National Entrepreneur Network-Wadhwani Foundation): They have been contacted to open an E-Cell/ Innovation Cell. The response is awaited.
|1||Data Structure and Algorithm Lab||
Lab1: 30 PC used for the conduction of Data Structure and Algorithm Lab
|2||DBMS and Web Technology LAB||
DBMS and Web Technology LAB
|3||CBNST and Graphics Lab||
CBNST and Graphics Lab
|4||C Programming Lab||
C Programming Lab
|5||Software Engineering and SPM Lab||
Software Engineering and SPM Lab
|6||Distributed and Networking Lab||
Distributed and Networking Lab
|7||Industrial Training and Seminar and Project Lab||
Lab 7 : 3D Printer used for Industrial Training and Seminar and Project Lab
Lab 8 : 20 PC used for the conduction of Project Lab
|9||OS & Compiler Lab||
0 PC used for the conduction of OS & Compiler Lab
|10||C Programming & DS Lab||
|11||DIP * Multimedia Lab||
IBM-LAB 3: 28DIP & Multimedia Lab
Project from Vipul Srivastava IT third year IEC selected for Anveshana 2017 among top 30 colleges in Delhi NCR.
Publication and Research
1. Sansar Singh Chauhan and M. M. Gore.“Balancing energy consumption across thenetwork for maximizing lifetime in cluster-based wireless sensor network”, In CSI Transaction on ICT, Springer, January 2016, pp. 83-90.
2. Sansar Singh Chauhan and M. M. Gore. 2012. LDC-MAC: Low latency DC-MAC protocol for wireless sensor network. In Proceedings of the CUBE International Information Technology Conference (CUBE '12) 3-5, September 2012, Pune, India. pp. 133-137.
3. Preety Sharma, Sansar Singh Chauhan, and Sandeep Saxena: Multihop/direct forwarding for 3D wireless sensor networks In Proceedings of the CUBE International Information Technology Conference (CUBE '12) 3-5, September2012, Pune, India. pp. 344-349.
4. Sandeep Singh, Sansar Singh Chauhan, and M. M. Gore “DC-MAC: Dual Channel Energy Efficient MAC Protocol for Mobile Wireless Sensor Nodes” (accepted and registered) for Proceedings of the 8th IEEE Asia Pacific Wireless Communication Symposium (IEEE APWCS 2011), Singapore.
5. Sandeep Singh and Sansar Singh Chauhan “Energy Efficient Synchronization for Schedule Based MAC Protocol” In International Workshop on Distributed Systems (IWDS), 2010 at IIT Kanpur.
6. Sansar Singh Chauhan and Gautam Dhameja “AOEB: Energy Aware Routing Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks”. In Proceedings of the 4th National Conference INDIACom-2010
7. Ashish Kr Chakraverti, "UTILIZATION OF FUZZY COMPUTING IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT EFFORT ESTIMATION VSRD" International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology,"2231-2471(Online), 2319-2224 (Print) Vol. V Issue VII August 2015.
8. Ashish Kr Chakraverti,"Architectural and QoS issues in mobile cloud computing environment for real time video streaming" International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications ( Thomson Reuters-ESCI Indexed Journal)"2158- 5570 (Online) Volume 7 Issue 1 January 2016.\
9. Sanjeev Pippal, Sunny Singh, Rohit Kumar, Sachanand, Dharmender Singh Kushwaha,”High Availability of Databases for Cloud” 2nd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global DevelopmentmINDIACom-2015 - IEEE, New Delhi, Mar, 2015.
10. Sanjeev Pippal , Shiv Pratap Singh and Dharmender Singh Kushwaha ,” Data TrasferFrom MySQL to Hadoop: Implementers’ Perspective” International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies- ACM, Udaipur, Nov, 2014.
11. Sanjeev Pippal, Ankur Shukla and Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, “Implementation of Distributed Searching and Sortingusing Hadoop MapReduce”, International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies- ACM, Udaipur, Nov, 2014.
12. Sanjeev Kumar Pippal, Rahul Kumar Dubey, Arjun Malik, Nishant Singh, Prateek Jain, Ranjan Kumar Bharti and Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, "Performance Analysis Of Resource Provisioning For Cloud Computing Frameworks", Fifth International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network, and Computing – CNC 2014, Elsevier, Chennai, Feb , 2014
13. Pippal, S., Mishra, S. and Dharmender Singh Kushwaha; “Architectural Design and Issues for Ad-hoc Clouds," Third International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network, and Computing (CNC), 2012.24 – 25 Feb, 2012.
14. Sanjeev Pippal and Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, “Architectural Design of Education Cloud Framework Extendible to Ad hoc Clouds, “1ST IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology (RAIT), 16-17 March 2012.
15. Sanjeev Pippal, ArunaKumari, Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, "CTES Based Secure Approach for Authentication and Authorization of Resource and Service in Clouds”, 2nd IEEE International Conference Computer and Communication Technology, ICCCT 2011, 15-17 Sept. 2011, 2011, DOI:10.1109/ICCCT.2011.6075140.
16. Sanjeev Pippal, Vishu Sharma, Shakti Mishra, Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, "Secure and Efficient Multitenant Database for an Ad hoc Cloud", 1st International Workshop on Securing Services on the Cloud (IWSSC), IEEE, 6-8 Sept., 2011 in Conjunction with 5th International conference on Network and System Security (NSS), 2011, Milan, DOI: 10.1109/IWSSCloud.2011.6049010.
17. Sanjeev Pippal, Vishu Sharma, Shakti Mishra, Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, “An Efficient Schema Shared Approach for Multitenant Database with Authentication & Authorization Framework”, 3PGCIC 2011, 6th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing, October 26-28, 2011, Barcelona, Spain.
18. Deepak K. Verma, "Making Cloud Computing More Efficient" published in IJARCSSE 4(2015) 639-647.
19. Mr. Shashi Bhusan’s ( IT department) paper on-
a. Hill Climbing Based Hybrid Crossover in Genetic Algorithms
b. Genetic Algorithm Based Model in Text Stenography was published in the ETET-2015, Fourth IEEE National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (6-7 Feb)-2015 (SBIT Journal of Science & Technology (SJST)- 2015) on 6th and 7th February, 2015.
20. Ms. Binu Kaushik of IT department – Her paper titled Network Intrusion detection system using Genetic Algorithm was published in the ETET-2015, Fourth IEEE National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (6-7 Feb)-2015 Technology (SJST)-2015) on 6th and 7th February, 2015
21. Dr. Kavita Saini, HOD (MCA) submitted a paper on “Comparative Analysis of Traditional and WBIs Learning using T-Test” for publication in AKG International Journal of Technology. 2015
22. Mr. Horesh Kumar of Computer Science & Engineering presented his paper titled “Analyzing Delhi Assembly Election 2015 Using Textual Content of Social Network” in the 6th International Conference on Computer & Communication Technology from 25th to 27th September, 2015 at CSE department, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad.
23. Mr. Ashwani Kumar of IT department – His paper on “A Task Set based Adaptive Round Robin ( TARR ) scheduling Algorithm for Improving Performance” was published in the IEEE International Conference ( A-BLAZE 2015 ) "Futuristic Trends in Computational Analysis and Knowledge Management"held from 25th to 27th Feb.2015
24. Prof. Prabhat Vishwakarma, HOD (CSE) had been invited as session chair in 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology (CICT-2016) organized in ABES, Ghaziabad on 12th & 13th February 2016.
25. Mr. Vipin Kumar Kushwaha’s (IT department) Research paper on
(i) "Congestion Controlled WSN Using Genetic Algorithm With Different Source and Sink Mobility Scenarios"
(ii) "Enhanced Genetic Algorithm Based Task Scheduling in Cloud Computing"
was published in the ETET-2015, Fourth IEEE National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (6-7 Feb)-2015 (SBIT Journal of Science & Technology (SJST)- 2015) on 6thand 7th February, 2015.
26. Deepak K. Verma,"A new era of computing: Cloud computing" IRJCEE 3(2015) 1-4 Conference, JIMS, Vasant Kunj, Delhi.
27. Mr. Vipin Kumar Kushwaha’s (IT department) Research paper on
(i) "Congestion Controlled WSN Using Genetic Algorithm With Different Source and Sink Mobility Scenarios".
(ii) "Enhanced Genetic Algorithm Based Task Scheduling in Cloud Computing “was published in the ETET-2015, Fourth IEEE National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (6-7 Feb)-2015 (SBIT Journal of Science & Technology (SJST)- 2015) on 6th and 7th February, 2015
28. Mr. Shashi Bhusan’s ( IT department) paper on-
(i) Hill Climbing Based Hybrid Crossover in Genetic Algorithms
(ii) Genetic Algorithm Based Model in Text Steganography
was published in the ETET-2015, Fourth IEEE National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (6-7 Feb)-2015 (SBIT Journal of Science & Technology (SJST)- 2015) on 6th and 7th February, 2015
29. Mr. Ashwani Kumar of IT department published his paper “A Survey in Energy Drain Attacks and Their counter measures in wireless sensors Network” in the International Journal of Engg. Reasearch Technology, March 2014
30. Prof. Sharbani Bhattacharya, Associate Professor presented a paper titled `Watermarking Digital Image Using Fuzzy Matrix Rules’ at National Conference on Smart Approaches in Computing, Technology and Application SACTA 2014 at ITS, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad on 19th April, 2014.
31. Mr. Anshu Kumar Dwivedi, Assistant Professor of Computer Science department - His research paper titled ` A framework for processing keyword –based queries in relational database for exact record’ has been published in an International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering, Sep.2014.
32. Mr. Anshu Kumar Dwivedi, Assistant Professor in the Computer Science department - His research paper was published in the International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering. The title of the paper is `A framework for processing keyword based queries in relational database for exact record’. E-ISSN-2347-2693: IJXSE Vol.2,Issue 8:05/07/2014.
33. Dr. Sachin Yadav, HOD (CSE)- His paper was published in Springer Proceedings Media streaming using Multiple descriptions in overlay Network. Vol 56, Issue 8, July 2014
34. Dr. Kavita Saini, HOD (MCA) submitted a paper on “Comparative Analysis of Traditional and WBIs Learning using T-Test” for publication in AKG International Journal of Technology.2014
35. Sanjeev Pippal and Dharmender Singh Kushwaha, “A Simple, Adaptable and Efficient Heterogeneous Multi-Tenant Database Architecture for Ad hoc Cloud ”, In Springer Journal of Cloud Computing: Advances, Systems and Applications (JoCCASA), Vol. 2, No. 5, 2013
Books and Monography
Pro 1. Archana Verma, Associate Professor in the department of Information Technology –published on the subject 'BIOINFORMATICS' by University Science Press imprint of Laxmi Publications in January, 2016. ISBN Number : 9385750798.
2.Satya Prakash Yadav Published Book Entitled“Programming in C” through I.K. International Pvt. Ltd 2015.
3. Devender Kumar “Data Warehousing and Data Mining” ABST Publication. 2015
4. Shashi Bhusan Cyber Security Quantum Publications Dec. 2014.
5. Anshu Kumar Dwivedi, Theory of Automata, 2014
Achivemant and Award
Dr Sansar Singh Chauhan is the Head of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology, IEC College of Engineering and Technology. He has earned his B.Tech from NIT Warangal, M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering and PhD in “Wireless Sensor Network” from MNNIT, Allahabad.He has more than 15 years of teaching experience at UG and PG levels and is an active researcher.He has guided more than 70 B.Tech students and guided 3 M.Tech projects and continues to be involved in supervision. In the process of enhancing his academic knowledge, he involves in research work.
He has authored several papers in international conferences. He is also involved in Collaborative research with several researchers in the India and abroad. He aims at providing a growing and conducive environment to the students for nurturing them.